Thursday, January 24, 2008

This is an extract from my old blog,just like it enough to post it here :D

An year did it all

People say, forget about the past
They say, look forward to the future
They say, you got nothing in the past
All that matters is what you do next

I may be contradicting
Going the wrong way, I may be
But, I don't mind how wrong I am
As long as I remember those days

Those days of joy, those days of fun
Those days of growing up
Those days of anxiety
Those days of beautiful memories

It really amuses me
How my year passed
With so many ups and downs
So many adventures

Journeys which are unforgettable
Even though they were always the same
By the same means,
With the same people

It was always the same Route
The same starting point,
The same ending,
The same destination

Yet, a new thing always came up
From a gesture, a word, or something totally foreign
Which would set a new meaning
To every of our infinite journeys

Why did I laugh yesterday?
I may not remember
But I swear I'll never forget
The sound of my laughter in those days

Only fun it was not
Never was it only laughs and jokes
But it was learning too
From studies to way of life

It was a crucial part of our lives
Academically, it was
But none of us would have ever known
It's importance in all those other ways..

I learned the true meaning of friendship
I learned about the cruel world
About the importance of acquaintances
In every turn of our lives

A kid I was no longer
I realized it gradually
Maybe we had grown up
And also grown out

I came to understand
Significance of my family, teachers
And all those who cared about me
And the true feelings of a well wisher

All the faces, including mine,
Remain the same
But the expressions have changed
Of one and all.

Things had changed,
I could see it then,
And so they have now,
I can see it again.

I know they would never be the same
Nor I want them to be
Because those moments were precious
Which can only be cherished now

Do I regret?
Leaving such beautiful moments and coming ahead?
No, I don't think so
Though I definitely love dreaming about it

However, if we had never gone forward
The importance would have never been understood
Which has made them wonderful
I am glad to live like that at least once

So many slam books I filled then
Each one of them had the same question
"What would you like to be born as next time??"
Without thinking, I filled up humorous answers
But now, if someone asks me again,
My answer would always be,
"Rohan sharma, the 10th grader"

No comments: